While we teach about how to appreciate wines, spirits and sake, we also advocate the importance of responsible alcohol consumption.
- Participants/students are notified that they are expected to spit the samples we taste and assess in class.
- We always offer to arrange for a safe ride home should anyone in any of our events feel they are unable to drive back safely.
Here are some ways you can be socially responsible as a host at your own event:
- Make sure there is plenty of water and food for your guests if you serve alcohol.
- Offer a selection of mocktails and other non-alcoholic beverages for designated drivers.
- If possible, plan ahead to arrange for your guests to get a safe ride back. In addition to local taxis, look for services in your area such as A Safe Alternative http://www.asaride.com/
- At your event, let your guests know that you will call them a taxi should they feel they are nor able to drive.
- Additionally, it is a good idea to post a sign with the number of your local taxis in the washroom, at the bar and even at the entrance/exit.